Simple And Effective Ways On How To Get Rid Of Oily Face
Get Rid Of Oily Face: Having a skin regimen is a vital element in skin care practices. However, the regimen should be based on your skin type, and that is the only way you can get rid of oily face. Having an oily face may mean that you have an oily skin type or skin condition. Skin type and skin condition are two distinct things often referenced as the same.
– Skin type has to do with genetics where a person can have a dry skin type, oily skin, natural skin, or combination skin. The skin tends to change as one aged transitioning to dry skin as the sebaceous glands gradually become less active.
– Skin condition has to do with external and internal elements that affect the skin and are often based on issues such as lifestyle and environmental factors as wells as aging.
The Oily Skin Type
Having an oily face is an indication of having an oily skin type. This type of skin produces a lot of sebum and cover the surface of the skin making it look shiny. The Sebum is produced by sebaceous glands and the high production causing an imbalance between the lipids and water in the hydrolipid layer. The hyper-production causes the pores to enlarge, and it significantly increases the collection of bacteria, dust, and other microbials on the skin which leads to the formation of blackheads, red spots, whiteheads, and acne. People with oily skin will have a shiny face with the most prominent parts being the nose, forehead and the chin; which are known as the T-Zone.
How To Get Rid Of Oily Face
Dermatologists say that everyone is prone to having oily skin, but this is greatly influenced by other factors such as skin care and hygiene and environmental factors without forgetting dieting and lifestyle. While oily skin may be a genetic predisposition for some people, it is possible to manage the issues. The objective is to lower the production of sebum while also give the skin addition care that ensures it does not become dry and flaky.
A myriad of skin care methods is available that can help manage or even get rid of an oily face. Nevertheless, none can be effective if you do not fully understand the nature of your skin. Only through this can you know how to take care of your oily face. In light to that, here are some ten tips that you should consider. They can help you get rid of that oily face and still have a moist and beautiful skin.
1. Know Your Skin Type: If you are aware of your skin type, then you are most likely to come up with an effective skin care regimen that suits your oily face. You can know your skin type by using a blotting paper or tissue. Clean your face thoroughly and dry it, let it be for a few minutes (30 or so minutes) and then blot the paper or tissue on the skin. If you the paper or tissue is soaked, then you have oily skin. But then again, it just might be a moist skin. You should check with a dermatologist just to be sure.
2. Improvements Start Skin Deep: Do not be too quick to use skin cleansers and other skin care products. Part of understanding your type of skin should include having an appreciation of the fact that beauty starts skin deep. How well you take of yourself starting from the inside impacts how you look on the outside.
3. Watch What You Eat: What you eat influence the health of every organ in your body including the biggest of them, your skin. Start ditching those unhealthy foods that are very fatty as well as those bad habits such as smoking. You should switch to healthier eating habits with diets that consist of healthy amounts of omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamins.
4. Hydrate: Your efforts to get rid of oily face should not lead to having a dry face. Water is an essential element in skin care hence the need to take plenty of it; the recommended eight glasses per day will suffice.
5. Take The Right Precautions: People with oily skins tend to wash their faces with hot water in a bit to remove the excess oil, dirt, and kill the bacteria and other impurities. While the hot water will also help to open up the pores thus allow the skin to breathe, it may do some bad than good. Washing up with hot water can remove all the sebum which is not good for healthy skin. Sebum is a natural element the skin produces to avoid getting dry and cracking; hence, there always should be a good amount of it on the skin.
6. Use The Right Skin Care Products: Consider using the right skin product in your skin care regimen. Mild cleansers and moisturizers are the safest best for oily skin. Remember to go for all-natural products and pay keen attention to the ingredients used in the products.
7. A Bit Of Sweat Is Good: Do not be too quick to think ill of your sweat, a little bit of it is good for the skin. Sweating expels nasty toxins and helps to activate the skin’s miniaturization capabilities. So, engage in activities that make you break some sweat and remember to wash it off afterward.
8. Moisturize And Exfoliate In Moderation: Oily skin types tend to have a high moisture content because the sebum locks-in moisture that necessary. So use moisturizers in moderation; the goal is to have a balance between dry skin and oily skin. Exfoliation is necessary for an oily face since it opens up the pores helps get rid of the excess sebum as well as dead skin cells and activities the moisture production. However, it also should be done in moderation.
If you follow the above tips, you will be able to get rid of oily face naturally. For the best results, consider implementing the tips mentioned able while consulting with a dermatologist.
If you are concerned about your health check out our latest article on why we need to Get Rid Of Obamacare