How To Get Rid Of Varicose Veins
Get Rid Of Varicose Veins: Varicose vein is a condition mainly characterized by enlarged and twisted veins found on legs. Although the primary cause of this is yet to be determined, researchers believe this may be due to excessive pressure on the said veins especially if one spends lots of time seated or standing. Genetics also seems to play a role in this, as more people with the condition had a parent or granny with the same. Also known as spider veins, varicose veins develop when veins become dilated with low elasticity, meaning valves in the same to not prevent backflow of blood due to gravity and low pressure.
Although anyone can have the condition, women are at the highest risk of contracting the condition. Pregnancy, obesity, lack of body exercise, and some medical conditions may cause varicose veins as well. This condition is however treatable if diagnosed early. Treatment may be through surgery, laser, or intravenous injections. Natural home remedies however provide the safest and best way to get rid of varicose veins without risking any side effects. Outlined below are some of the most recommended ways to contain and treat varicose veins naturally.
1. Through a Gentle Massage: Gently massaging the affected area can help contain varicose veins naturally. One of the core benefits of a regular massage is that it helps boost blood circulation, thus reducing the risk of collapsing valves and low blood pressure in the feet. You shouldn’t put a lot of pressure on the affected veins, but rather massage slowly and gently to avoid making the condition worse. Consider adding a few drops of peppermint oil to help soothe the skin and veins as well.
2. Use Mudpacks: As weird as it may sound, clay mudpacks are a perfect remedy for various skin conditions including spider veins. The clay mud should however be prepared from pure clay soil and ground properly and fine enough for it to be effective. One key property in clay mud that makes it an efficient remedy for various skin conditions is that it has a skin tightening effect that contributes significantly to firmer veins. In addition to this, clay has a detoxifying effect on the skin as well. Applying the mud on your legs for about 30 minutes, then washing it off with warm water helps manage varicose veins.
3. Proper Nutrition: According to research, several nutritional deficiencies can take a toll on one’s health, or even lead to the development of varicose veins among other conditions. Some of the nutritional deficiencies that lead to varicose vein development include all types of Vitamin B (folic acid, pyridoxine, and cobalamin), and several minerals. Nonetheless, focusing on a well-balanced and nutritive meal can help prevent and even get rid of varicose veins. It would also be wise for you to increase your intake of foods high in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory foods, nuts, and foods rich in essential oils. Some of the foods to include in your diet plan include tuna, salmon, turkey, chicken, lean meat, sweet potatoes sunflower seeds, bananas, avocados, lentils, broccoli, lima beans, turmeric, and ginger.
4. Put on Some Body Exercise: As mentioned earlier, lack of body exercise, spending long hours seated or standing are some of the leading causes of varicose veins. Taking simple tasks such as a walk in the park, swimming, jogging, joining the gym, or simply taking the stairs while at work can help boost blood circulation in the lower parts of the body. In addition to improving blood flow, regular body exercise helps strengthen blood vessels and particularly veins in legs and the feet as well. If your job involves sitting in front of a computer screen for hours, or have to remain standing for hours, then consider taking a few short breaks to stretch your legs. Simply walking around will do the trick.
5. Sleep with Your Feet Elevated: Your sleeping position can also lead to the development of varicose veins. Nonetheless, sleeping with your feet elevated at some angle can help reduce pressure on the same. Consider adding a pillow under your feet when you sleep. Consider sleeping on your back, stomach, and sides to facilitate proper blood movement.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the potent natural remedies for varicose veins, rosacea, and acne among other skin conditions. ACV is a rich source of powerful antioxidants, and also facilitates improves blood circulation and flow. For the best results, use ACV to massage the affected area and other surrounding parts. You can do this every day when you wake up, and in the evening before heading to bed. You can also take two teaspoonful’s of apple cider vinegar for faster results.
7. Garlic: Garlic contains potent anti-inflammatory properties that come in handy in treating varicose veins. It is also an excellent source of powerful antioxidants that help get rid of toxins and harmful compounds from the blood. Adding garlic to your diet plan, or taking its juice promotes healthier and firmer valves in all blood vessels, hence an excellent remedy.
8. Grape Seed Extract: These tiny seeds are excellent sources of linoleic acid, flavonoids, Vitamin E, and proanthocyanidin complexes among other potent nutrients. What makes grape seed extract a good remedy for this condition is that all these properties help promote elasticity, get rid of toxins, and improve the formation of collagen. Using this natural home remedy can therefore help get rid of varicose veins without risking your life.
9. Chamomile oil: Chamomile oil is rich in properties that have a soothing effect on the skin and veins, hence a good home remedy for varicose veins. In addition to this, chamomile oil promotes collagen production hence facilitating stronger valves in blood vessels. Other oils you can use alongside chamomile oil include coconut oil, rosemary, and lavender oils. Massaging the affected areas with this oil should bring some relief, and eventually cause the veins to disappear altogether.
If you have been dealing with spider veins for some time and are looking for good ways to get rid of varicose veins, you should then consider using natural home remedies. The home remedies outlined above should come in handy in containing the condition. Consider talking to a dermatologist or physician before using any form of medication for varicose veins.
Check out our latest article on how to Get Rid Of Acne Scars