7 Ways To Get Rid Of Roaches
Get Rid Of Roaches: Do you have cockroaches or suspect you have cockroaches? If so, then you are probably looking for ways to get rid of them. Lucky for you, there’s a number of ways to get rid of roaches. If you want to find out what some of those ways are, then continue to read on.
1. Traps- There are traps you can purchase and they are easy to set. Although there are many types of traps you can get, they are all designed to do the same thing, which is to attract roaches to it. Most traps come with food that roaches like, and once they get in the trap, they will eventually die. If you decide to get rid of roaches via traps, then make sure you research the different ones before you buy one.
You want a trap that is effective and easy to clean afterwards. The best traps are effective, but keep in mind that traps are not a guaranteed way of getting rid of cockroaches. However, they are still worth trying because many people have had success with them.
2. Sprays- Another good way to get rid of roaches is to use a spray designed to kill them. Depending on the spray you get, it will kill roaches upon contact and the best sprays will have residual action, which means it will continue to kill roaches up to a few weeks. Some sprays kill them up to four weeks. What you want to do is choose a spray that doesn’t leave behind a chemical odor and you want to spray the roaches directly, and if you can’t see them, then spray the chemical in areas you believe the roaches are hiding.
Some sprays are stronger than others. The type of spray you should get depends on the severity of the infestation. Generally speaking, most sprays should do the trick, but if you’re dealing with a very severe infestation, then you may want to try some of the other methods discussed in this article.
3. Repellents- Repellents are exactly that, products designed to repel cockroaches and other insects from your property. Some repellents plug directly into an outlet in your property, and once plugged in it will start to work and repel roaches from your property. Some repellents work very well, and others may not work that great, so it’s important to shop around for quality repellents that are known to work. Another thing to keep in mind is you will have to replace the repellents from time to time.
Choose a repellent that has great reviews written about it. The more positive reviews a repellent has, the better. Repellents come in various forms, but you should choose one that you can plug in.
4. Clean- A natural way to try to get rid of them is by cleaning as much as you can. It’s important to note that cockroaches are attracted to grease and other types of food residue and if you clean everywhere and keep it clean, then cockroaches may leave your property. What you want to do is wipe down your surfaces and wash any dishes you have in the sink before you go to bed and sweep the floors. Take a good 10-15 minutes to clean and before you know it, cockroaches may be a thing of the past.
The key is to be consistent. If you can’t clean nightly, then clean at least a few times per week. Remember, if cockroaches have no food to eat, then they may leave your property.
5. Create Your Own Bait- There is a way to create your own bait, and all you need is a little bit of boric acid and mix it with powdered sugar. After you have mixed it, you will sprinkle it in areas of the home you think cockroaches are living. Some of the places you will want to place this homemade bait include behind your stove and behind your fridge, as well as behind your dishwasher and along the outsides of your pantries and cabinets.
If you don’t see results after using the bait, then you’ll want to try out some of the other methods outlined in this article. You should use this solution a few times per week and see if it works. Also, it’s worth mentioning that boric acid is very affordable and can be purchased in many retail stores, so it’s not hard to find.
6. Keep Your Place Cool- Cockroaches thrive in hot weather, so if your place is warm, you should keep your AC on or keep a window or two open. The hotter your place is, the more of a chance you’ll have to deal with cockroaches in the future. Just keep in mind that this method is probably not the most effective way to get rid of them, but it may do the trick so it is worth trying.
7. Call A Professional- The best way to get rid of cockroaches is to call a professional. There are many benefits of doing this, with the main one being they will get rid of them using their products and equipment that they have on hand. If you want to get rid of the insects as quickly as possible, then hiring a professional is the way to go.
An expert will inspect your home to determine whether or not you are dealing with an infestation of cockroaches. If you are, they will let you know the extent of the problem and what the can do to get rid of them. They will provide you with a quote too, so you will have an idea of how much it will cost you before they perform any work, which is one of the best things about bringing in a professional.
Those are some of the best options to go with if you want to get rid of roaches. However, hiring a professional exterminator is probably your best bet. If you want to get rid of cockroaches and increase your chances of not having another infestation, then definitely hire a professional.
Check out of our recent article on how to Get Rid Of Internal Hemorrhoids